Natural Resources Committee
Name: Natural Resources Committee
Date: May 1, 2019
Time: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM PDT
It is the mission of the Natural Resources Committee to proactively advocate for the sustainable use and enjoyment of our abundant natural resources in a manner that safeguards and enhances our environment over the long term.
In pursuit of this Mission, the members of the Natural Resources Committee will:
- Monitor and, as appropriate, develop positions on natural resource related projects and issues, recommend those positions to the Public Policy Committee, and, with Board approval, support the Public Policy Committee in advocating for those positions;
- Organize natural resource-related educational and community outreach programs including:
Upbeat Breakfast program;
4-H Stock Sale breakfast;
The Osprey Cruise;
Industry (timber, mining) tours;
- Create educational forums for the community including one on sustainable development and carrying capacity in Kootenai County;
- Assist Public Policy Committee in formulating and advocating for input into the update of the County Comprehensive Plan; also, assisting with follow-up on the resultant implementation documents, administrative documents and rule-making processes.
- Work to enhance and protect the health and sustainability of our natural resources industries including forest wood products, mining and agriculture;
- Continue to support efforts to ensure regional water quality/quantity and sustainability in the aquifer, lakes, and watersheds;
- Continuous support of the Coeur d’Alene Lake Management plan; and
- Work with the Regional Chambers Alliance as appropriate on natural resource issues.